Tuesday, January 12, 2016

39

I had this sudden urge to make sure this doesn't become just an avenue for me to vent my frustrations. I started out wanting it to document special events in my life, something for me to look back on to remember what I'm like, the thoughts running through my head and the way I've been living my life.

So yes, two events that I want to remember happened today.

The first was when a group of kindergarten kids walked past me this morning. And one cheeky little boy grinned and waved at me. When I smiled back, him and his group of friends giggled to themselves. I guess it's just the kind of naivety that really struck me and somehow I wished I kept that little part of me: the younger me that never feared strangers. But well, at least I know that no matter how I say I'm not a fan of kids, I still am.

Well the second, isn't exactly a special event. But crossing the road after dinner with my dad made me realise how much you're like him. I've always been able to take care of myself, and even others. I'm independent and I can live alone (with the exception of eating out). But somehow, when I'm with the two of you, a simple decision of when to cross the road becomes difficult because I'm waiting for you to lead the way. Don't worry, I can do this perfectly well when I'm on my own.

Hehe, I guess what I'm trying to say is: don't laugh when I can't decide what to eat, it's all your fault! :p


No comments:

Post a Comment