Wednesday, August 28, 2013

14

Well, it suddenly dawned on me that the people whom I have always, in some way or another, looked up to in my life act in the way opposite of what they believe. You are how you act, not just how you believe - Mitch Albom (Have A Little Faith).
It just pains me to know that you have acted rationally instead of logically, especially when it comes to something as important as this. I want to tell you something but I cannot. I just cannot bear to break your hearts like how you did to mine. So I will never say that I have always longed to grow up and leave my nest.
Don't get me wrong, I am happy here and nevertheless truly thankful for the way you have raised me. I see flaws in the way my brother and I are brought up. Well, if someone starts treating their own blood brother as a fellow housemate, I sure there is something wrong. If you can't fix it, that's alright. If you won't let me fix it, then I guess the only other way is for me to leave.
I know what I want to be like when I become a parent in future. All these lessons are taught by you, some as positive learning points and some as "I don't want to be like that". Honestly, I miss the way you treated me and taught me right from wrong as a child. You reminded me that every "no" had an explanation behind. You reminded me that I will be accepted and treated nicely as long as I told the truth. You made me feel that there is no place better than home.

I promise, I'd be better. I promise, you wouldn't want me to reach 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment